The Academy for Five Element Acupuncture
The mission of the Academy for Five Element Acupuncture is to train students
in the practice of classical Five Element acupuncture at the highest possible
standards. The specific goals of the Academy are to:
- Provide students with a Master's degree training program in the theory,
philosophy and practice of acupuncture in the Five Element tradition
and an understanding of other acupuncture approaches.
- Protect public safety by ensuring that every graduate is capable of
diagnosing and treating patients safely and effectively.
- Guide students in developing a greater awareness of themselves so
they may become better healers.
- Generate a dedicated and enthusiastic attitude towards the extraordinary
potential of Five Element acupuncture.
The Academy is also committed to assuring the skills and effectiveness
of its instructors. Instructors are chosen for their expertise in a particular
subject area and effectiveness as teachers. Instructors of all Five Element
acupuncture subjects are encouraged to attend post-graduate and continuing
The Academy for Five Element Acupuncture was founded in Florida in 1988.
Since that time, more than 200 students have graduated from the program.
In 1995, the school incorporated as a non-profit 501(c)(3) educational
organization. In 1998, the Academy's Master of Acupuncture (MAc) program
was accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental
Medicine (ACAOM). It was reaccredited by ACAOM in 2001, and again in 2005.
In 2000, the Florida State Commission for Independent Education awarded
degree-granting power to the Academy. Qualified students are awarded a
Master of Acupuncture degree (MAc) upon graduation.
The Academy for Five Element Acupuncture currently offers the following
programs for full-time students:
- A 27-month Master of Acupuncture degree (MAc degree).
- A 27-month Chinese herbal studies certificate (CHS certificate), which
is open to advanced students or licensed practitioners only.
- A 36-month combined Master of Acupuncture degree plus Chinese herbal
- A 36-month combined Master of Acupuncture degree, plus Chinese herbal
studies, plus Florida electives. (This option is primarily for those
seeking licensing in Florida state.)
The program lengths indicated above are minimum timeframes for full-time
students. Depending on individual circumstances, some students may require
longer to complete their training.
For more information on the Academy for Five Element Acupuncture, contact:
Academy for Five Element Acupuncture
305 SE 2nd. Ave
Gainesville, FL 32601
Phone: (352) 335-2332
Fax: (352) 337-2535
Web site: www.acupuncturist.edu