The European Register of Organizations of Traditional Chinese Medicine (EUROTCM) will hold its fourth European Congress in the Czech Republic's largest city, Prague, from September 30 to October 3. The meeting will be held at the Congress Center in the Top Hotel Prague, and will feature numerous presentations and lectures related to the latest advances in traditional Chinese medicine.
"We would like to take this opportunity to cordially invite you to Prague to participate in the Congress," said Dr.Jozef Lucky, president of EUROTCM and director of the meeting, in a statement on the Congress' official website (www.eurotcm.cz). "Our great endeavor is to make the scientific and social programs attractive and interesting for you so that your stay in Prague is fecund and pleasant at the same time ... We hope and believe that you accept our invitation, and that we have the pleasure to welcome you in Prague at the turn of September and October 2004."
The four-day event begins with a general assembly of the member organizations of EUROTCM on September 30, followed by a reception and party that signals the opening of the Congress' exhibit hall. The Congress officially begins October 1 with an opening address, followed by various workshops and seminars. The program includes the following discussions and poster presentations:
- Martin Kriz - "The Taoist Roots of TCM"
- Peter De Vilder - "The Scientific Approach to Acupuncture"
- Dan Vlad Filimon - "The Connective Tissue as a Morphofunctional Substrate of Acupuncture Phenomena"
- Rene Goris - "Chinese Medicine Ethics"
- Ilkay Chirali - "Cupping Therapy"
- Prof. Dr. B.K. Singh - "Cosmetic Breast Correction Using Bhupendra Techniques"
- Lu Gang - "Clinical Management of Pain in the Neck and Shoulders"
- Ellen van der Hall - "Kaimai 5-Element Qigong: A Transforming Tool Within TCM Treatment"
In addition to the scientific program, the EUROTCM Congress will feature a Moravian-style dinner on October 1, and a Gala Dinner at Prague Castle on October 2. Various tours of Prague and the surrounding area are also available for visitors and attendees, as are early morning qigong sessions.
For more information on the Congress, visit www.eurotcm.cz.