The Seventh World Congress on Qigong and the Seventh American Qigong Association Conference will be held this November 12-15 at the Cathedral Hill Hotel in San Francsico, California.Co-sponsored by the East West Academy of Healing Arts, the Congress is truly a "healing" event, featuring over 40 of the world's best known qigong masters, martial artists and scientists.
The Congress is designed for all people who are interested in their own health and in helping others with their healing. Seminars and workshops at the confrence can also help health care providers improve their existing practice, or present new personal and business opportunities. In addition, the Congress and Conference will serve as a springboard for raising funds for research into the effects of medical qigong. Part of the proceeds will support Children and Youth for Healing and Peace, as well as the USA Wushu Sports Team, so that it can compete in the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing.
One of the highlights of the meeting will occur on Nevember 13, when San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newcom officially proclaims the 13th Qigong Day. Assemblyman Leland Yee, a long-time advocate of qigong and Asian healing, is also expected to attend the conference.
The conference will also feature discussions from several of the country's leading experts on qigong, including:
- David Felten, MD, PhD ("How Mental/Psychological States and Mind/Body Practices Can Affect the Immune System and Influence the Risk of Chronic Diseases")
- Effie Chow, PhD, RN, LAc, Dipl. Ac. (NCCAOM), qigong grandmaster, founder and president of East West Academy of Healing Arts ("The Energetics of Chow Medical Qigong/Traditional Chinese Medicine: Giving Hope Where There Was None")
- May Loo, MD ("Integrating East and West in Human Development: The Yellow Emperor Meets Freud and Piaget")
- Tom Wu, MD (France), PhD, CN, DSc, and Janet Wu, PhD, ND, DD ("Qigong -- Medication Without Medicine")
- Professor Yong Si, president, International Association of Traditional Chinese Medical Qigong ("Demonstration: Introduction of Chi-Pulse Therapy")
- Jian-Dong Zhang, MD (China) (Qigong Plays an Important Part in the Spiritual, Mental and Physical Health of Seniors")
- Sadayo Hayano, PhD ("Quantum Gathering Qi and Dissipative Brain Qi")
- Melinda Conner, PhD ("Distance Energy Transmission")
- Hui Liu, qigong grandmaster, Wen Wu School of Martial Arts ("Dayan Qigong Unveiling the Ancient Practice of Mind and Body Healing")
In addition to the East West Academy of Healing Arts, conference co-sponsors include the World Qigong Federation, the American Qigong Association, the American Medical Qigong Association, TC Media, Kung Fu Magazine, Pacific Press, NCCAOM, AAOM, Campaign for Better Health, Deepak Chopra Center, Friends of Health, the American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine, State University of New York-Stony Brook, and others.
For more information on the conference, visit www.eastwestqi.com.