MPA Media, publisher of Acupuncture Today, among other titles, has been recognized for editorial and design excellence with an unprecendented seven publishing awards by the American Society of Business Publication Editors (ASBPE), the nation's largest organization for business-to-business publications.Acupuncture Today received the regional awards (known as the AZBEEs) in the following categories:
- Feature Series written by Brenda Duran, senior associate editor - Gold: "Acupuncture Today in China," Parts 1-3 (Jan/Feb/March 2013)
- Best Use of Social Media by Brenda Duran, senior associate editor - Silver: Acupuncture Today's Twitter/Facebook successes
Additional awards received by MPA Media publications at the 2014 "AZBEEs" included the following:
- News analysis - Silver: "Medical Payola," Parts 1-2 (May 1/June 1, 2013)
DC Practice Insights
- How-to-Article - Gold: "Top 5 Myths and Realities of Dietary Supplements (April 2013)
- Feature Article Design - Gold: "Building Your Authority and Credibility" (Oct 2013)
- Regular Column, Contributed - Gold: "Treatment Tools" (Feb/March 2013)
- Front Cover Illustration - Gold: "Heroes of the Profession" (Dec 2013)
Founded in 1964 as the American Society of Business Press Editors, the ASBPE is the "professional association for full-time and freelance editors, writers, art directors, and designers employed in the business, trade, and specialty press." The association's annual Awards of Excellence (the AZBEE awards) recognize the best in editorial and design by magazines, newsletters, and digital media, including websites, e-newsletters, digital magazines and blogs. The latest awards add to MPA Media's growing legacy of excellence as recognized by the nation's top publishing organizations. In 2011, MPA Media won a national AZBEE Award (Silver) for Investigative Reporting (Massage Today) and two regional awards: Silver for Investigative Reporting (Massage Today) and gold for Best Contributed Column (Acupuncture Today).
Last year, MPA Media also received national awards in two categories from FOLIO, widely considered the most competitive and rigorously judged journalism awards in the United States. MPA Media received two honorable mentions: Best App for DC Practice Insights - the first time any chiropractic publication has been nominated for a FOLIO award in any category - and Best Series of Articles for "Acupuncture Today in China," written by senior associate editor Brenda Duran.
MPA Media now has apps for all four of its award-winning publications. You can download the Acupuncture Today app, which include all the contents from each print issue of the publication in an innovative and interactive format, complete with app-only features. The app is free from the App Store on iTunes, following a simple registration process (www.acupuncturetoday.com/tablet).
Make sure you have the print publication handy when doing so, as specific information on the mailing label is required to complete the registration process.