The mission of the Academy for Five Element Acupuncture is to train students in the practice of classical Five Element acupuncture at the highest possible standards. The specific goals of the Academy are to:
- Provide students with a Master's degree training program in the theory, philosophy and practice of acupuncture in the Five Element tradition and an understanding of other acupuncture approaches.
- Protect public safety by ensuring that every graduate is capable of diagnosing and treating patients safely and effectively.
- Guide students in developing a greater awareness of themselves so they may become better healers.
- Generate a dedicated and enthusiastic attitude towards the extraordinary potential of Five Element acupuncture.
The Academy is also committed to assuring the skills and effectiveness of its instructors. Instructors are chosen for their expertise in a particular subject area and effectiveness as teachers. Instructors of all Five Element acupuncture subjects are encouraged to attend post-graduate and continuing education courses.
The Academy for Five Element Acupuncture was founded in Florida in 1988. Since that time, more than 200 students have graduated from the program.
In 1995, the school incorporated as a non-profit 501(c)(3) educational organization. In 1998, the Academy's Master of Acupuncture (MAc) program was accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM). It was reaccredited by ACAOM in 2001, and again in 2005.
In 2000, the Florida State Commission for Independent Education awarded degree-granting power to the Academy. Qualified students are awarded a Master of Acupuncture degree (MAc) upon graduation.
The Academy for Five Element Acupuncture currently offers the following programs for full-time students:
- A 27-month Master of Acupuncture degree (MAc degree).
- A 27-month Chinese herbal studies certificate (CHS certificate), which is open to advanced students or licensed practitioners only.
- A 36-month combined Master of Acupuncture degree plus Chinese herbal studies certificate.
- A 36-month combined Master of Acupuncture degree, plus Chinese herbal studies, plus Florida electives. (This option is primarily for those seeking licensing in Florida state.)
The program lengths indicated above are minimum timeframes for full-time students. Depending on individual circumstances, some students may require longer to complete their training.
For more information on the Academy for Five Element Acupuncture, contact: